Our campus Executive Councils consist of up to six hand-selected student leaders per school who—with the help of AEI—promote campus dialogue surrounding free enterprise and American leadership. Each prospective Executive Council member must apply on an individual basis for one of the six positions at his or her school.
NEW THIS YEAR: In the spirit of free enterprise, Executive Council members will compete for best member and best team. Rewards for the top performers include a free to trip to AEI’s Annual Dinner, a private meeting with an AEI scholar, signed books, and more. Learn more about the competition.
SUBMIT A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your application as soon as possible, or your school’s Council may fill up. Even if your campus’s Council is full, submit your application and we will consider you as soon as space opens up.
- Join the AEI community by leading the Institute’s campus outreach at your college or university
- Participate in exclusive networking dinners and events with top scholars, business leaders and entrepreneurs
- Attend leadership conferences in Washington, DC, and other cities
- Organize campus events including lectures, debates, reading groups, and more
- Access AEI resources, speakers, funding, and get day-to-day support from AEI staff
- Work with other campus organizations to educate your campus about an issue of public policy
- Host one “leadership dinner” per year with 25-30 students and a keynote speaker
- Help build AEI’s Student Network by spreading the word to your friends
Potential Additional Activities
- Distribute AEI resources on campus
- Host a student-centered public policy event (Example: student debate or panel discussion)
- Write an op-ed or article for your school newspaper, a local paper, or a major website leveraging or highlighting AEI scholarship
- Host a live-stream showing of an AEI event in your dorm lounge or student center & host a post-event discussion with attendees
- Organize a monthly book club featuring work authored by AEI scholars or other recommended writers
More specific information about the program will be conveyed upon acceptance.
Set up a phone call with a member of our team!
Scott Fyall, [email protected], 202-828-6028