- Have you suspended all aid to Egypt until a full investigation of the attack on our embassy is complete? Have you demanded an internal investigation to understand why our diplomatic staff is apologizing to extremists?
- Yesterday you said Egypt isn’t an ally. Have you initiated a review of all aid to Egypt as a result? Do you still support writing off a billion dollars in Egyptian debt? What about an almost $5 billion IMF loan?
- Have you initiated an investigation of all diplomatic security missions throughout the Middle East, and begun disciplinary action in the case of Libya? After all, it should have come as no surprise that on 9/11, al Qaeda and other extremists known to be operating around Benghazi would be targeting Americans.
- Have you begun an investigation into the question of why our intelligence community was caught completely unaware over what were clearly planned protests and attacks, particularly in the case of Libya?
- Have you warned the Egyptian government about its growing embrace of extremism that has put the relationship with the United States on the line?
What's new on AEI
|Unleash the private sector|
|The difference it will make|
|How the R&D tax credit is like duct tape|
|From Beijing to Jerusalem|
Join us for a discussion of the history and future of federal and state alcohol regulation and competition, followed by a reception with beer, wine, and spirits.
Join education scholars and practitioners for a discussion about the latest NCLB research and its implications for future education policy.
What shared commitments do we have as citizens and neighbors to care for one another? How can a proper ordering of America’s political economy enable the most people to have the best life? At this event, Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA), a longtime champion of human rights causes, and AEI President Arthur Brooks will join Wallis in addressing these and other questions.