As tax day approaches, the following American Enterprise Institute (AEI) scholars are available on a variety of fiscal policy topics:
- Kevin Hassett is AEI's director of economic policy studies and is a former senior economist at the Federal Reserve and has served as a policy consultant to the Treasury Department and adviser to the presidential campaigns of John McCain (2000, 2008) and George W. Bush (2004). Along with Alan Viard, he is the author of a recent piece which explains why targeted taxes on 'big oil' are bad policy and unfair. Hassett is available for interviews and can be reached at email@example.com or though firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alex Brill is an AEI economist who previously served as the policy director and top economist for the House Ways and Means Committee, and on the staff of the President's Council of Economic Advisers. He is the author of a pro-growth, progressive, and practical corporate tax reform plan. Brill is available for interviews and can be reached at email@example.com.
- Aparna Mathur is an economist who researches taxes and wages and has served as a consultant to the World Bank. In a recent piece on American.com, AEI’s online journal, she explained that higher corporate taxes hurt middle class workers by depressing wages and reducing job opportunities. Mathur is available for interviews and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alan Viard is an AEI economist and a former senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas who has worked for the Treasury Department's Office of Tax Analysis, the White House's Council of Economic Advisers, and the Joint Committee on Taxation. He recently published a piece explaining why Congress will not simplify the tax code. Viard is available for interviews and can be reached at email@example.com.
- Karlyn Bowman is an AEI senior fellow and public opinion expert. She has just released a comprehensive analysis of American attitudes towards taxes. Bowman examines data on the Buffett rule, the flat tax, whether or not 'the rich' pay their fair share, and the degree to which opinions about taxes impact opinions of President Obama and voting decisions. Read the full report here. Bowman is available for interviews and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help reaching any AEI scholars and for all other media requests, please contact Jesse Blumenthal at email@example.com or 202.862.4870.