Mika V. Stetsovski
- The Bibi-hating, Iran-failing, American-decline embracing #Obama is not the real #Obama. The real #Obama is much worse.
- Obama is totally cool with the farce of Russian democracy, something Medvedev will also likely “tell Vladimir.”
- “#Obama will say anything and work with anyone to further his reelection.” @dpletka
President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.
President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…
President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.
President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
Taking the president’s last statement at face value, it’s little more than an admission of naked truth. After his re-election, he will have more flexibility. That’s why many Americans don’t want to see him re-elected. Many enough? Who knows.
But the Obama whisper—like his previous open mike chat with French President Sarkozy letting on that he can’t stand Israeli PM Netanyahu—tells us more. Here are five lessons about the real etch-a-sketch president:
1. The Bibi-hating, Iran-failing, American-decline embracing Obama is not the real Obama. The real Obama is much worse.
2. Still, this Obama has no problem in allowing the same Russians who stole their latest election to think that he too lies to the American people in order to get reelected.
3. He has no intention of keeping his missile defense deal with Congress.
4. He is totally cool with the farce of Russian democracy, something Medvedev will also likely “tell Vladimir.”
5. He will say anything and work with anyone to further his reelection.
Danielle Pletka is the Vice President of Foreign and Defense Policy Studies at AEI.