Editor’s Note: China’s recent currency devaluation makes the RMB (yuan) less valuable and investing overseas more attractive. China’s investment and construction overseas is already worth $1.1 trillion . Which nations and industries could be impacted by the latest developments?
The China Global Investment Tracker is the only comprehensive data set covering China’s global investment and construction activity. Inaugurated in 2005, the CGIT now includes approximately 1,600 large transactions worth well over $1 trillion across energy, real estate, high-tech, and other industries, as well as more than 150 troubled transactions. The full list of transactions, including the amount, the parent investor, the host country, and the sector, is available for public use with the proper citation. The tracker is published by the American Enterprise Institute and the Heritage Foundation.
The interactive map filters investments and contracts by sector, region, country, and year.
Worldwide Chinese Investments & Contracts
- The Chinese investment that matters, Derek Scissors, The National Interest
- China’s investment in the world increasing, not soaring, Derek Scissors, AEI
- China’s outward investment healthy, puzzling, Derek Scissors, AEI
- A third straight record for Chinese investment in the US, Derek Scissors, Real Clear Markets
- More work by Derek Scissors
THE CHINA GLOBAL INVESTMENT TRACKER IS PUBLISHED BY
THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE AND THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DATA? Contact Derek Scissors by email or phone at 202-862-7168.
HAVE TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MAP OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING IT? Contact Michael Pratt by email or phone at 202-862-5823.