Summary of Benefits
- Paid annual leave: 15 days per year; unused balance rolls over each year
- Employees may cash out up to 6 weeks of unused annual leave upon leaving AEI
- Paid sick leave: 12 days per year; unused balance rolls over each year
- Paid federal holidays: 11 days per year plus the day after Thanksgiving
- Personal/floating holidays: 3 days per year
Health Insurance Provider: Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Employees may enroll in Aetna's HealthFund Health Savings Account linked to a high-deductible health insurance plan
- Single employee deductible is $2000; Family deductible is $4000
- AEI makes a generous yearly contribution to each employee's health savings account ($1600 for single employees and $3200 for couples, employee plus child(ren), and families).
- Unused funds in these accounts can be used for health-related expenses after an employee leaves AEI.
- Aetna's HealthFund HSA account provides access to a large network of providers, but also offers the freedom to choose out-of-network care with 80% coinsurance.
- Most preventive care measures (in-network) are 100% covered; deductible waived. Examples include: Routine adult physical exams/immunizations, well child exams, eye exams, hearing exams, and gynecological exams.
- Employees can use Aetna's website, Aetna Navigator, to check their HSA balance, order member ID cards and print temporary ID cards, review health plan claims status, and search for in-network medical providers.
- Health insurance coverage may begin as soon as the first official day of employment.
- Salary reductions for premiums and HSA contributions are all pretax.
AEI Wellness Plan
- Health coverage includes a Wellness Program that rewards employees for being healthy and active and for seeking preventive care.
- As part of this program, AEI sponsors various on-site wellness events, including health screenings, fitness assessments, and flu shots clinics.
Dental Insurance Provider: Guardian Life Insurance Company (GLIC)
- Optional dental insurance is available separate of the health insurance plan and covers 100% of preventive services (including cleanings), 80% of basic services, and 50% of major services.
Flex Spending Accounts
Provider: The Loomis Company
- Employees who choose not to enroll in Aetna's HSA may set aside up to $2400 pretax per year in a Medical Flex Spending Account to spend on approved purchases, including over-the-counter drugs, eyeglasses, vision correction surgery, dental, and medical expenses and copays.
- Dependent care spending accounts are also available, up to $5000 pretax per year.
Life & Disability Insurance
Provider: Lincoln Financial Group
- Life insurance is provided at 150 percent of annual salary, up to $50,000.
- Disability benefits are paid at 66? percent earnings for fulltime employees, up to $10,000 per month.
Provider: Teacher Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF)
- AEI's retirement plan is a defined contribution plan under Section 403(b) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Immediate tax deferred annuities are available at the start of the first full month of employment.
- AEI will contribute up to 12 percent of an employee's income to his or her retirement plan upon his or her second anniversary at AEI.
- AEI will provide tuition assistance for courses pertinent to an employee's position on a case-by-case basis.
- SmartBenefits (a pretax benefit): AEI is easily accessible from the red, orange, and blue Metrorail lines.
- SmartBenefits is a web-based program whereby employers load the dollar value of employees' Metro transit and/or Metro parking funds electronically onto the employee's SmarTrip cards.
- Employees also have the option of receiving SmartBenefits vouchers, which they can exchange for fares on the regional transit systems that have not adopted the SmarTrip fare payment system (VRE, MARC Rail, MTA commuter buses and MetroAccess).
- Employees may contribute up to $115 for metro funds and $105 for parking funds in pretax dollars every month.
- Qualified pretax parking in AEI's on-site underground parking facility.
- Free AEI publications, such as The American, books published by the AEI Press, books published by AEI scholars at external presses, monthly Outlooks, newsletters, and conference reports.
- Access to AEI seminars and conferences, including unique opportunities to participate in numerous staff symposia, take part in staff-only Friday Forums and attend AEI's black-tie Annual Dinner at the Washington Hilton.
- Renowned dining facility featuring the creations of AEI's in-house gourmet chef.
- Competitive coed softball team in the Washington Think Tank Softball League.