Five members of congress will explain the effects of sequestration on U.S. military readiness at the event tomorrow Defending Defense: Sequestration’s Shadow on the U.S. Military and the Defense Industrial Base:
- Senator John Kyl (R-AZ) Senate Minority Whip
- Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Ranking Member, Senate Armed Services Subcommittee on Personnel
- Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) Ranking Member, Senate Armed Services Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support
- Congressman Howard P. “Buck” McKeon (R-CA) Chairman, House Armed Services Committee
- Congressman J. Randy Forbes (R-VA) Chairman, House Armed Services Subcommittee on Readiness
The members of Congress will be joining representatives from the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), the Foreign Policy Initiative, and The Heritage Foundation.
AEI’s Vice President for Foreign and Defense Policy Studies Danielle Pletka will moderate the discussion.
Please note that the event will take place on the hill in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 106, on Wednesday, July 25 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served at 2:15 p.m.
To register for the event, please RSVP to email@example.com (202.862.5823). Please note this event will not be live streamed.