Follow @AEIdeas on Twitter
Most Popular on AEIdeas
- The National Popular Vote compact could be a catastrophe for the country and its sponsors
- Why socialism always fails
- 18 spectacularly wrong predictions made around the time of first Earth Day in 1970, expect more this year
- How will Dutch PM Rutte overcome the loss of his senate majority?
- More evidence that it’s really hard to ‘beat the market’ over time, ~92% of finance professionals can’t do it
What’s New on AEI
Get the best from AEI each morning
The ongoing Brexit shambles cannot be blamed on the European Union nor on the “deep state.” They are entirely predictable results of the fact that the 2016 campaign to leave the EU presented voters with a fantasy of a Brexit in which the UK enjoys all of the benefits of independence without any of the costs.
View related content: Poverty Studies
Nationalization: The answer on 5G — or just evidence of US flailing in the face of the China challenge?
The contradictory statements coming from the administration on 5G and Huawei do not match the seriousness of the challenge the US and its allies face. The president’s advisers need to persuade him to mount an all-government initiative to analyze the tradeoffs and devise recommendations for a path forward.