Follow @AEIdeas on Twitter
Most Popular on AEIdeas
- Is Google manipulating search results to promote a social justice agenda, prevent Trump re-election?
- Is war with Iran imminent? Here’s the real truth
- JPMorgan: ‘A real-life proof of concept for a successful democratic socialist society, like the Lost City of Atlantis, has yet to be found.’
- It’s time to take foreign aid theft seriously
- Toward meaningful price transparency in health care
What’s New on AEI
Get the best from AEI each morning
View related content: Health Policy
Beto O’Rourke’s suggestion that neither the Pentagon nor America’s political leadership fully accounts for what is the full cost of going to war on the men and women who wage our wars, and his further suggestion that a tax would bring home to Americans that fuller reality, is belied by the fact that, budget wise, the VA is not struggling.
While new encrypted domain name system protocols were designed with the best of intentions, their proposed implementation has moved toward an outcome that was not predicted by the engineers who developed the protocol; it seems likely to become a dangerous data funnel rather than a protector of traffic.
View related content: Poverty Studies
Many people hope that training or retraining workers — including those displaced by global trade or automation — will lead to more work, higher pay, and less poverty. But a new White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) report doesn’t offer much encouragement for those looking to government to successfully retrain workers.