Mark J. Perry is concurrently a scholar at AEI and a professor of economics and finance at the University of Michigan's Flint campus. He is best known as the creator and editor of the popular economics blog Carpe Diem. At AEI, Perry writes about economic and financial issues for American.com and the AEIdeas blog.
1. Quotation of the Day I is from Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace on Twitter:
The term “climate science” is being used to include only those claims that reinforce the catastrophe narrative. All other science is rejected as “not climate science” because it is skeptical of the catastrophe narrative. This must be exposed for the anti-science sham that it is.
2. Quotation of the Day II is from Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace on Twitter:
No genuine scientist would ever ridicule skepticism. It is one of the defining features of an inquisitive mind. No genuine scientist would use the word “denier” to describe another scientist
No genuine scientist would claim a computer model is able to predict future climates. QED
3. Solar energy may have caused California’s wildfires says Kevin Mooney.
5. Video of the Day I (above) “The Science of Climate Change” features an interview with Dr. Patrick Moore on the Science of Climate Change, here’s a comment from Moore on his skepticism of using computer models to predict changes in the global climate:
My main point about computer models is that they are being used as if they were actually able to predict the future. It would be easier to predict the outcome of a horse race surely than to predict the outcome of the global climate. And yet who has the computer to predict the outcome of horse racing?
6. Video of the Day II (above) is “Fossil Fuels Are Essential to Modern Life” from Life: Powered.
7. Socialist Energy Policy Triggers Venezuela’s Power System Collapse writes Tim Worstall.
8. Earth Hour 2019 isn’t until March 30, but the annual green exercise of self-flagellation by turning off your electricity for an hour comes early to Venezuela this year, with multiple Earth Hours over multiple days of deadly power blackouts – the current casualty count is 21.
9. Video of the Day III (above) features Dr. Patrick Moore explaining why the “Green New Disaster” is a “recipe for disaster.”