Daniel Lyons is a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, where he focuses on telecommunications and internet regulation. He is also an associate professor at Boston College Law School, where he teaches telecommunications, administrative, and cyber law, among other courses.
Before his career in academia, Mr. Lyons was a practicing attorney with firms such as Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He was also a consultant for Bain & Company. He later clerked for Judge Cynthia Holcomb Hall at the Ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Lyons has been published in numerous legal publications and in the popular press, including Forbes and US News & World Report. He has also been interviewed on Bloomberg Radio, C-SPAN, and Business Radio on SiriusXM, among others.
He has a J.D. from Harvard Law School and an A.B. from Harvard College.
- Associate Professor of Law, Boston College Law School, 2009–present
- Member, Board of Academic Advisors, The Free State Foundation, 2010–present
- Associate, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, 2007–09
- Law Clerk, Ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals (for Judge Cynthia Holcomb Hall), 2006–07
- Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, 2005–06
- Associate Consultant, Bain & Company, 2000–02
J.D., Harvard Law School
A.B., government, Harvard College