Editor’s note: The value of China’s investment and construction combined overseas is approaching $1.5 trillion. That’s a figure worth featuring in the incoming Trump administration’s strategy and aggressive rhetoric concerning the PRC. On the Chinese side, will One Belt One Road be the top priority in 2017, or will it again be Chinese investment in rich countries?
The China Global Investment Tracker is the only comprehensive data set covering China’s global investment and construction activity. Inaugurated in 2005, the China investment tracker now includes approximately 2200 large transactions across energy, real estate, technology, and other industries, as well as over 200 troubled transactions. The full list, with the amount, parent investor, host country, and sector, is available for public use with the proper citation. The china investment tracker is published by the American Enterprise Institute and the Heritage Foundation.
The interactive map filters investments and construction by sector, region, country, and year.
Worldwide Chinese Investments & Construction
- Chinese investment in the United States
- Record Chinese Outward Investment in 2016: Don’t Overreact, Derek Scissors, AEI
- China’s Outward Investment Explodes, and Peaks? Derek Scissors, AEI
- The double-edged sword of China’s global investment success, Derek Scissors, AEI
- The Chinese investment that matters, Derek Scissors, The National Interest
- A third straight record for Chinese investment in the US, Derek Scissors, Real Clear Markets
- More work by Derek Scissors
THE CHINA GLOBAL INVESTMENT TRACKER IS PUBLISHED BY
THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE AND THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DATA? Contact Derek Scissors by email or phone at 202-862-7168.
HAVE TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MAP OR SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING IT? Contact Michael Pratt by email or phone at 202-862-5823.